How are we already at Day 6 ?!!! It’s very odd as it feels like we have been here forever and life outside CU! is but a distant memory – but at the same time it seems like we are barely 1/2 way through the week – not preparing for our final full day together!
Today was (as you probably guessed) another packed and brilliant day at CU!2019 !
Today was also our last “normal” day – Day 7 (Saturday) brings the Tech and Dress Rehearsals and the final theme night!
But before we get to that – Day 6 !! This morning we had a great set of workshops putting the final touches to things that we want to share during the final performance. The Crew are really positive about this as things seem to be dropping into place really well.
This morning we also had another of our study group times – this has been a great time to spend in smaller groups discussing and learning more around our theme of the week. These also seem to be going really well with some great questions being asked – most of the relevant to what we are looking at during the sessions !
This afternoon we packed in three workshops. It was a great mix of finishing off pieces ready for the final performance – vegging out to veggie-tales in The Green Room (possibly the only time the TV has been on in there .. ), sing-along-a-musical and then some great seminars.
This evening Heidi, Lucy and Saira have been leading us through the difficult journey Jesus went on towards his Crucifixion. They led us on a journey around the site before arriving back in the meeting room at the foot of the cross.
As I write this my phone has just pinged a notification for todays bible verse – it seems quite timely so I thought it would be worth sharing here:
34 “Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.Matthew 6:34 MSG
Point For Prayer
- That the Tech and Dress rehearsals will go smoothly tomorrow – its a new space for everyone so it may take a little while to get used to it. But hopefully the process will still be valuable for those that haven’t yet experienced it – but also that it will help create a great snapshot of what we have been up to this week at CU!2019.
- For Em, Naomi and Salome as they put the final touches to the last evening meeting – “Jesus is Alive”
- For the Cast that they will choose to listen to what God has to tell them in these last few days here.
- For the Crew as we prepare the final things and start to tidy up and shut down the site. That we will have the energy to cary everything through and that we will have the Grace we need when stress levels go up and caffeine levels drop !
- For the final performance – that it will be a great snapshot of the week we have had here at CU!2019.
- For Susie and her team as they finalise the final theme night – our murder mystery ….
Thanks again for your support this week – we will hopefully be posting updates tomorrow and Sunday but with the busyness of these times it may be that we might miss one. But we really appreciate your prayers – without God this wouldn’t be possible.
Matt and the CU!2019 Crew